Saturday, April 2, 2011

Very important cultural information

I just finished watching "Valentine's Day," the ensemble-cast romantic comedy that is months (years?) old, and I am not ashamed to say I loved it. As did my husband. In his words, "This may be the best rom com I've seen since "Sex, Lies and Videotape." No, I don't think that one's a rom com, either, but the man loves his Andie Macdowell.


So why did the critics hate on "Valentine's Day?" Cynics. And I won't spoil anything, but the best part was the outtake by Julia Roberts during the credits. Big. HUGE.

It was a big movie day for me today, because Patrick had a stomach bug so spent most of the day, post-puking, lying in the living room and watching TV. Here he is about an hour prior to (what I hope is) the last puking incident:


This afternoon he and I watched "Faith Rewarded," the NESN-produced version of the 2004 Red Sox season. I don't think I will ever get tired of watching the ALCS from that year. Especially the part where A-Rod tries to slap the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's hand. I get almost as emotional at the end of Game 7 as I did at the end of "Valentine's Day."

And speaking of romance, my husband rose to Ashton Kutcher-like heights* last night, because while Patrick was up puking half the night, I was sleeping downstairs in the guest room in an effort not to infect my husband with this heinous cold and/or keep him up all night with my coughing. He dealt with all the puking and never considered coming downstairs to wake me up for help. I slept in until 8 this morning, feeling much better when I woke up, only to find pukey-boy on the sofa when I wandered out. That, my friends, is love.

*The innuendo here is so obvious I'm just leaving it in, even though in reality it's just a reference to Ashton being the sweet guy at the center of the movie. But feel free to imagine me as Demi Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment